During your appointment with your doctor, there are a number of questions you can ask to become more self-aware about breast health. Consider asking:
- What is my personal risk of developing breast cancer?
- What are some of the signs of breast cancer?
- Are there any factors that contribute to breast cancer? Is there anything I can do to reduce my risk?
- What screening tests are right for me?
- Once screened, how long does it take to get my results?
- If the results are inconclusive, what is my next step?